Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker Believing In The Magic Of A Smile...: Aloe Vera...

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Aloe Vera...

Haven't had aloe vera for a long long time, so since I'm free today, thought of cooking a nice pot of aloe vera desert.

I love to eat aloe vera. It is said aloe vera is very good for the skin, because it's cooling. Rub the skin or the flesh of the aloe vera leave on our skin (be it hands, legs or face) and do it over a period of time. This has a very moisturising effect. There is this bottle of health drink made from aloe vera extract, certified 99.7% organic. Its called "Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice" You can get it from Nature's Farm (
http://www.naturesfarm.com/) at a bottle for $18.90 if I'm not wrong . People who have sensitive , dry skin, or rashes breaks out easily, you can try it as well. Many says it'll clear your skin.

Taken from
http://curezone.com/foods/aloevera.html :
Aloe Vera (barbadensis miller) contains over 20 minerals, all of which are essential to the human body. The human body requires 22 amino acids for good health -- eight of which are called "essential" because the body cannot fabricate them. Aloe Vera contains all of these eight essential amino acids, and 11 of the 14 "secondary" amino acids. Aloe Vera has Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E. Vitamins cannot be manufactured within the body, and some cannot be stored by the body, so it is necessary for the diet to sustain a continuous supply.
When drinking FLP Aloe Vera, it is recommended that - to get a steady supply of these minerals, amino acids and vitamins - one should drink between two to four ounces of Aloe Vera Gel twice daily.


Hmm.. I've been very into health supplements, not those iron tablets or stuff, but those health drinks and such. I used to have very bad heels - it cracks very often and its very very painful when I walk and even touching water can be very dreadful lor. Cracks on my soles and on my foot, wherever there is a line, there is a crack. Yes, it's that bad. Then there was an occasion when my auntie's boyfrn came up to my hse - he's a doctor working in australia. He recommended this probiotics drink to me. Over a period of time, I drank tt everyday, 2 times per day, taking 1 tablespoon each time. I tell u, the entire cracking of my sole and foot was totally CURED. There has been no re-occurance, and it has been 2 yrs already.

The probiotics drink I took...

Ok, so back to the topic, aloe vera. The whole pot of aloe vera desert was finished. Hee. I had 2 big bowls. So how did I do it? Let me just share with you...

The aloe vera desert

The 'skin' of the aloe vera leaf. Don't throw! Use it to rub on face, and body skin. Supposed to give good moisturising effect after using for a period of time.

The ingredients:

1. Fresh aloe vera - cut into cubes
2. Pandan leaves - abt 3 of it, washed thoroughly and tied into a knot
3. Gingko nuts - either canned types or fresh ones will be fine. But the fresh ones more troublesome, got to boil, crack it open, peel off the 'brown' skin, and use a toothpick to extract sthing frm inside the nut tt makes it bitter.
4. Lotus seed - either canned or the dried types. If you r using the dried ones, soak in water for abt 30mins to 1 hr b4 using.
5. Dried longans - about 2 tablespoon
6. Sugar to taste.

To cook? Here's how...

1. Boil water together with the pandan leaves. When the water boils, add in the aloe vera cubes Let it cook for about 15 mins or until the water boils. There will be 'bubbles' on the surface when it boils. Remove the bubbles.
2. Add in the dried longans, gingko nuts and lotus seeds. Lower the fire and let it simmer for about 15 mins to 20 mins.
3. When the content boils, (the dried longans would have been soaked thru enough to 'expand') add in sugar to taste. Try not to make it too sweet - it'll spoil the natural taste of the desert. Mix in the sugar well, and let it simmer for a while. The desert can be served hot or cold..

Yup.. this is how it's cooked. Very simple dish. Hmm.. nxt time when I cook this i shall add in more aloe vera...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home