Mandarin Oriental - Melt The World Cafe
Here it is! Melt The World Cafe is located at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Level 4. The chef is Eric Cheam, one of the judges of 至尊厨王 previously shown on channel 8.
There is so much to be said of this place, really... Right from the first impression at the entrance... The service of the staff there... Ambience... Layout of the buffet line... Ultimate FANTASTICALLY scumptous food spread... Quality of the food... Type of food... I dunno what other better words to describe it! Experience it and you will know.. :) The price is $70++ per pax, including 10% service charge and 7% GST, we paid $82.50 per pax. Don't even think abt the price, just know it's worth trying!! Oh ya.. You can top up another $25 and you get ALL wine, liquor, beer... Everything FREE FLOW! Went with Wan Ling, Jesslyn and Clara... And the 4 of us voted super thumbs up for it!!
I miss the SUPERB SUPERB food!!! Its just... You know to the extend after trying out the buffet there, you find any of those normal buffet of no standard? Haha.. I'm so spoiled now that I only want to eat hotel buffet...
We were so excited about this dinner at Melt The World Cafe!! Haha... From the time we gals stepped into the restaurant.. We were so, so impressed!! The staff were very polite and pleasant, asking us if it was our first time there. When we replied no, one of the staff actually showed us around and introduce us to the different cuisines and where can we get them. Sthing which I felt is very 贴心. The place we originally sat had air-con water dripping, so the manager changed another table for us. He also came to us every now and then to check if things are fine - they bothered to take the effort to ensure the guests' comfort while dining. You know when the first impression leaves you feeling good, you'll feel how good every other things will turn out to be... ...
It's..... Beyond description. From the set up of the buffet line, the display.. Blah.. It just leave you sunk in the WOW of all food perfection. One thing abt this place is that they don't serve their food in huge portion with the typical rectangular metal buffet container - they serve theirs in small portions, so that you know the food is always replenished and fresh. I like it this way 'cos you wun feel very "sick" and "turned off" upon seeing a huge lot of everything, and it makes everything more pleasant looking.
The 4 of us spend 3 ½ hrs eating there - I've never ate so long at a buffet before.. And we really ate and ate and ate non-stop! So full but still wanna eat... Muahahah.. So right now, I'm gona tempt you..
The appetizer bar...
Just look at this!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE their appetizer selection lor.. SO SO NICE!!
I cannot remember what else there were on my plate but I know I ate and love everything on the plate! Hehe.. Look at the rest of their appetizer bar selections...
A whole rage of different types of nuts for your favourite selection! Almonds... Pine nuts... etc.. Ultimately spoiled for choice...
A whole rage of different pickles for your choice to pick! This is really something special! Have not seen any buffet line pulling out this kind of spread..
Cheese, cheese, cheese!!! One of my favourite comfort food. A range of different types of cheese for your pick... ;)
Smoked salmon... YOU GOT TO HAVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not an avid fan of smoked salmon 'cos I feel they are always too salty and taste very "raw". But this is different!!! Taste VERY FRESH; does not have the "raw" taste and smell like some smoked salmon does; and most important of all it is not salty!! Yummy yummy!
One of the many things I love about Melt The World Cafe is that they use crystal prawns in their cuisines! This piece of crystal prawn from the appetizer bar is so "crisp", cooked to the right texture...
The Japanese Cuisine...
Their sushi are all so fresh with the freshest ingredients ever! Each is made with a small lump of rice, and you won't feel so "sick" of eating rice and rice. I have not tried the sashimi (I don't take raw fish), but the rest of the gals said it's very fresh...
If you are a fan of cha soba, you HAVE to try this lor!! One of the BEST I ever had. Noodle is soft, sauce is good... Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
The Indian Cuisine...
They have a see-through kitchen cooking all the indian food! The tandori chicken... The very freshly made naan...
Appetizing right? Hee... I had naan with fish curry and mixed vegetable curry...
Their vegetable curry is so great!!!! Even if you hate vegetables all your life you MUST REALLY try this... ;)
The naan the chef makes is of ultimate quality I tell you. The usual naan I tried outside is either too dry and hard, texture tastes funny... But this is everything of the right taste! Soft and cooked well to the right texture...
Their tandori chicken is so perfectly seasoned and cooked...
The papadem! Gosh... This is not salty ok... Crispy (some papadem turns soft after leaving it for too long in the open - they replenish their food rather often so you can assure of its freshness) and yet not salty (which some is)...
The Chinese Cuisine...
Tried selected variety of the selections... Hmm.. This laksa was ok-ok... But the laksa gravy is thick and creamy tt kind... The tau pok is soaked deliciously soft with the gravy.. I like!!
For your information, the roasted duck is crispy on the outside, and super tender inside... I remember Chef Eric ever whopped up a dish sthing like roast pork belly in the show 至尊厨王 as a demonstration of culinary skills to the contestants. The piece of meat he did was super crispy on the outside... And very tender on the inside...
The Western Cuisine...
I never liked tomato soup but this is nice! Not sour; everything concocted to the right taste...
From the bottom left most:
Baked sweet potato... A dish of french beans and baby corn... Sautéd baby potatoes... Butter fried rice... Whipped potato... A dish of all mushrooms... Seafood (in a tomato-like pasta sauce)... And roasted turkey!
The roasted turkey is so nice!!! I expected the meat to be tough and tasteless, but this is not!! Meat tender and soft; taste fits in perfectly for anyone's picky tastebud...
The wonderfully delicious sautéd baby potatoes... I love potatoes! :D
This is no ordinary baked sweet potato... The chef even baked it with some garlic-herb like thing before baking... When you put a piece into your mouth, you don't have the over whelming sweet potato taste, it comes with a tangy garlic-herb addition to it... I like it!!
The Cold Seafood Selection...
My goodness pple... This is JUST SO FANTASTICALLY GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!!!!! Everything is SO, SO, FRESH!!! After eating this, you'll feel you're on the top of the world. Haha.. They have very wonderful fresh cold seafood selection!
I think if you eat just 10 of this thing alone you would have covered back the $82.50 paid for the meal... The flesh is so gorgeous, it doesn't just come out when you take it out with a fork, it BOUNCES out! The lobster flesh is so "Q", super yummy!
Others: BBQ food...
They have a pretty large selection of BBQ food... Lamp chop... Grilled bratwurst sausage... Salmon... Satay...
We didn't get to try all 'cos by the time we went to that we were almost up there... And we wanted space for their dessert!! Only tried their satay, not bad...
Desserts... Desserts!!
WOW.... This is what I've been waiting for!!!!!!!! This is the best of the best... Their desserts were all sinfully tempting, you just cannot don't try anything!! Muahha.. Lets see now... ;)
Marshmallow dipped in the fondue chocolate... Waffle that is so crisp and perfect with the Lemon & Lime Sorbet...
THIS SORBET IS THE BEST I EVER TASTED!!!! OMG... When I ate that my heart just melted...
This is the chocolate fondue!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!
The desserts... Just leave you in amazement. So daintily classic in its presentation.
Carrot cake... Chocolate browne... Clara's Ang Koo Kuey and followed by the 九层糕 which she said was not bad, except that the skin of the Ang Koo Kuey was a but too thick... And then some lemon cream cake thingy...
All were nice... Haha... Seriously there is nothing at this place I said was not nice... I like the carrot cake- very soft and spongy... And to eat it cold is best!!!
A variety of other cakes...
Next time if you want to make any dinner reservations and its for a birthday, do let them know... They'll do something really sweet... :)
Thumbs up! On a scale of 5, I'll give everything 5!
Spoiled as I am now, I only want to eat good buffet food at hotels... :p Next few targets:
Shangri-La Hotel: international buffet...
Shangri-la - Rose Verenda: dessert buffet...
M Hotel - The Buffet: steamboat buffet with a monthly theme...
Fullerton Hotel - The Courtyard: chocolate buffet...
Intercontinental - The Olive Tree: breakfast buffet...
Pan Pacific Hotel - 海天楼: dim sum buffet...
Any other nice recommendations do leave a comment for me! Remember... You MUST TRY out at Melt The World Cafe, Mandarin Oriental Hotel level 4... :D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home