Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker Believing In The Magic Of A Smile...: Apple Pies...

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Apple Pies...

Decided to bake some apple pies... My 2nd attempt at baking the pies though. The first attempt wasn't so successful 'cos I cannot get the temperature of the oven right, then the apple pies turn out either too dry, or the pastry wasn't well-baked enough..

So.. I consulted the expert (the cook at my school - she whips up superb food ok!!), and with the advice she gave me, I set to bake the apple pies.

The recipe for the pastry is a secret.. Hee. I've been looking & asking round for the right short crust recipe before I found what I had. The recipe for the apple pie fillings includes:


Basic Ingredients:
1. Apples (cut into small cubes)

2. Pandan leaves (washed and tied to a knot or cut into small pcs)

3. White sugar (add to taste)

4. Cinnamon powder

Method:
1. Place cut apples into small pot/saucepan and bring over low fire on stove. Add a little sugar - for 3 large apples, I added only 1 ½ teaspoon sugar. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder and mix well.

2. Simmer for about 20 to 30 mins. Cool before use.


And Now.. Proudly presenting my home-made Apple Pies! :)

The apple fillings..

Fresh from the oven...

Ready to be served!

With the cinnamon apple fillings...

Yummy!


Testimonial from my sis & auntie: Not bad..

:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home