Defination of true friends?
Saw this from my friend's msn nick, and thought it to be pretty interesting...
So, the defination of friends? According to the dictionary, "friends" means " A person you like; someone who you like a lot and likes to spend time with."
I changed the words a little, otherwise I'll be practising plagarism. Anyway, I beg to differ with the defination though. Many people would have their own unique definaton of this words and the people whom they call friends. To me, a friend could be those simple acquaintances with whom you don't keep in genuine contact, just a hi & bye. A friend could also be someone who is your soulmate, you share your life together, going out together... you know just enjoying the company of one another. I believe everyone has friends, a lot. Unless you are anti-social, you think people owes you the whole world; you are angelic and others aere devlish. Then you gotta get a life!
Who are the people who are your true friends? People who will stand by you at the worst downs of your life - they'll be there for you 24/7... People who are willing to accept your flaws and see all of your positiveness.. People who are always so understanding - this is very important... People who are your soulmates - when you grumble or have problems to share, they'll listen and advice. They don't lecture you... True friends will never put you down at the expense of your feelings for their confidence boast... True friends know how you feel even without you saying a word... True friends give you a hug when you cry and tell you they are around... So many things to mention.. It goes on and on...
I've experienced some of the worst downs in my life. When I was in secondary school, please, my life was hell ok. Because I was quiet, I don't want to stir up trouble, there were disgusting people who took advantage of me. I was taunted.. My skin was senstitive and prone to rashes. People says I got skin disease and avoided me like plague. But what did I do wrong!! I did not ask to be borned like that, and I didn't feel good either. Okay, then they made me tell other people I got skin disease and please avoid me. What the hell. So that they'll be with more friends? And there was this girl Gi** (I don't want to mention the name) who betrayed me big time and I hate her. I hope she is reading this blog and she knows what she has done. Yah.. and because of all these I cry to myself every night. I was so glad when I graduated from secondary school and never have to face these disgusting people again. These are the kind of people I will NEVER EVER call my friends. Do they ever understand & know the kind of emotional hurts they've done? Nope... They made me lose trust in everyone for a good long period. Friends, FAT HOPE. Not even simple acquaintances.
But there were people who stood by me all along... and I'm so glad I got these wonderful friends by me - I still keep in contact with them. Shu Hui.. Christina.. Ser Ai... Still in touch with my some of my seconday school friends too..My poly days were periods of learning in class, and much more beyond the books and theories. I miss my poly days though.. I still keep in contact with my poly friends and we always make it a point to meet up every now & then. The usual clique who always meets: Clara, Jesslyn, Wan Ling, Liyue & myself. Everytime we meet up Jesslyn is always laughing non-stop. So contagious. Haha..
I treasure my relationship with people, needless to say my friends. I'm glad along my life I've got people whom I can call true friends, and they could not have been more wonderful than they already are. People whom I can share my life, joy and problems with.. A very BIG thank you to all of you!
Friends makes us see the different lights of life which we need to get on with living. They are people who will keep us company all our life, and they can bring bright smiles to us.. =)

2 Comments:
Wahaha....
Feel so honoured to be on ur friends list :D
Thanks for being here for me too.
*muackz muakcz*
hehehehehe
Post a Comment
<< Home